Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16, 2013, Passaic

Nooooooooooo tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmeeeee.

1. Church was cancelled because we got about 6 inches of snow on Friday and Saturday morning. Wusses, if you ask me. We went to church in Paterson, because it was held later on in the day, as the snow was starting the melt. Got my sacrament!
2. Invited Alfonso and Mari to be baptized on January 12. They said if they read and pray and feel ready by then, they will. !
3. Directed the entire Christmas program yesterday. I felt like Mr. Larsen, from Timpview High School. It went really well, actually, only a few minor slipups that were on my part. We sang 5 songs, 2 from the Hymn book, 2 from the Primary hymn book, and 1 other: This is the Christ. I conducted with TONS of energy, so much that people probably thought I was having a seizure while leading the music, as I was swaying and whipping my arms around, telling people when to come in and when to pause and cut-off. I felt HUGE, probably because I was standing on a 2 foot tall wooden stool and my music stand was on a chair in front of me. The Giant of Jersey rose again.
4. We had Jingle with the Jeppsons, which is where we go to the Mission Home, sing hymns, play hand-bells, eat a HUGE delicious, American breakfast (AMERICA!), have a spiritual discussion and reading of the Christmas story, and picture taking at the fireplace. I felt the Spirit really strong as we sat together as a zone and played a quick game, and then as we moved into the spiritual part. I felt HOME, as if the missionaries were family. I was surrounded by wonderful people, in a warm house, after eating good food. I think that's what part of heaven will be like.
5. We walked all day on Friday because of the snow (Pres asked us not to drive). My feet got wet. Dad, is there any chance you could put some money on my card so I could buy a pair of snow boots to use? I'll put them to good use. Thanks.
6. Giovanny Rosero, our favorite 19-year-old, Mormon Ecuadorian kid is starting his papers NOW. He was originally going to wait until next summer to start but he was praying earnestly the other day and he felt that he should start ASAP. Love him to death, he's going to be the most incredible missionary ever.
7. That's all folks. JESUS LIVES. I realized that yet again as I went to the temple on Friday and did a session. What an amazing chance we have to be a part of the kingdom of God. It requires pain and work and sacrifice but it's worth it.
“… The kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls; Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.” (Matt. 13:45–46.)


EC

No comments:

Post a Comment