Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February 5, 2013 (Perth Amboy)


HEY EVERYONE. Good week this week. We had an awesome moment with our Brazilian member Eromar. He's always been really great about sharing the gospel because he loves the scriptures more than anybody else I've ever met (yes even more than you Lydia hah!), but he always talks to his friends at work who live in New York or Elizabeth. But on Friday he told us that his super inactive brother who has the priesthood lives in Perth Amboy and that he wanted us to visit him. So we did and Eromar came with us. And when we got there, we started off with 10 minute jam session because Heron, his brother, has a full drum kit and an electric guitar. I was in heaven. So afterwards we taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ to Heron, Milly (pregnant girlfriend), and Jonathan and Yalidza (friends of Herona and Milly). It was awesome and some of them had realy awesome questtinos. Jonathan, a 19 year old Columbian, especially was fascinated with teh idea of baptism and being clean from sin. He accepted a baptismal invite and we're going over to teach them again tonight. It's gonna be awesome.

Letters received this week: Hayley (THANK YOU SO MUCH. loved it.)

Other than that, this week has been pretty normal but we got bombarded with members wanting to feed us (which was great because like Natalie, I had no money too because I forgot to pay my fast offerings last month). It was wonderful. We went to visit a Janet Castro who owns a Mexican restarant and gave us such delicious mole, chicken, rice, tacos with fresh queso, and more. And that same night we had another Peruvian dinner appointment but the mexican food was so good taht we ate till we were way full. It was hilarious because when we were eating our first plate, elder giglio told me not to eat very much because we had another dinner appintment in 1 hour. Then, 15 minutes later, I get out of the bathroom and I see him with a massive new plate and I said "Que es eso!!??" And he said "NO PUDE RESISTIR!" (I couldn't resist!" Hilarious. And THEN at the other dinner appointment, I put a huge piece of chicken on Elder Giglio's plate when the member wasn't looking. Elder G wanted to kill me afterwards. I laughed.

We also found another Guatamalen investigator (that came to church with the familia Grande) named Milton. He was awesome and really quiet but interested in the gospel and really enjoyed church. I love when memebrs take the initiative to help bring souls unto Christ.
ALSO. Quick comment: The other day I had a realization: I HATE IT when people rag on mexican people. Mexicans are literally the nicest, most humble people I know. Thinking about me being a little bit racist before the mission towards the Latin gangs in TImpview High School makes me wanna hurl. I love Mexican people so much. They are such wonderful, children of God.

With our mission focus on LOVE this month our statistics have been crazy high with an average of like 22 lessons a week for he MISSION. It's so awesome to see how much teh work is growing just because we are really focusing on loving our members and investigators. One of the goals from the zone leaders to help our prayers was 1) always pray outloud 2) never pray be bedside (because it's so easy to end your prayer and crawl into your warm, tempting bed). It's been a relaly powerful experience for me to improve my prayers and really establish my relationship with my Father in Heaven. ON one of the newest mormon messages called Earthly Father, Eternal Father there is a quote at the end taht says:

"Of all the titles of respect and honor and administration that are given to Deity he has asked us to address him as Father." - Quorum of the 12

I love my Heavenly Father. The church is incredible.

EC

PS - Tanner write me. You too, Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment