Monday, July 22, 2013

July 22, 2013, Passaic, NJ

We have been contacting and finding all week long. It's been long, fun, and memorable. I'm horrible at writing in my journal. I KNOW, it's bad. That's one of my goals for this week. The good news is Elder and Dahl and I had an awesome goal-setting session (secret love of mine) and we set about 15 goals a piece that are all attainable and will be extremely advantageous when we have them down. I'm excited.

How are all of YOU doing? I love each and every one of you.

Anyway, moving on...

Other than finding, knocking, contacting; we have been doing a boatload of baptismal interviews all in the Caldwell area. There's a missionary named Elder Hoyt, who is finishing his mission tomorrow, who had 2 investigators that were to be baptized on Sunday, so because he's the District Leader, Elder Dahl and I had to drive around and interview all of them. It was amazing. I did my first baptismal interview (never been a District Leader) and it went pretty well. I was a little nervous for it but it turned out to be wonderful. I interviewed Lidia Lopez, an 80-something-year-old Dominican woman. Her son is the Elders Quorum President in a  ward in the DR and she went off on that saying how wonderful and responsible he was. She is the sweetest nicest lady ever and was extremely prepared and READY to be baptized.
Then on Saturday, I interviewed Emily Ibarra, a 15-year-old Peruvian girl (who is a borderline soccer hipster: wears flowery shorts, likes Lana Del Rey and the XX, etc). She is awesome. Her little sister, Melanie, got baptized about 2 months ago and Emily told me that when she saw her little sister get baptized she made the decision shortly after to follow that example. Amazing. The spirt touches hard hearts, makes them soft, and then helps people to make life-changing decisions. Awesome awesome awesome.

Elder Dahl and I are best friends. I don't know how, but we are and it's hilarious and straight-up the best.

I'm in the end of 2 Nephi of the Book of Mormon. Still can't get enough of chapter 31. It blows my mind every time. And then from that straight into the book of Jacob. AMAZING.

I'm a little lost on what to write about. Our zone had 4 BAPTISMS. We partied hard last night (except for the fact that we set a goal to NOT drink Red Bull anymore) and our aprty consisted of us chatting in bed with the lights off but we all fell asleep while "waiting" for the text to see WHO was being transferred. So Elder Dahl stealthily set an alarm for 11:30 and we all woke up angry and groggy at 11:30. We forwarded the transfer text to the zone and then passed out again. WISDOM FOR FUTURE MISSIONARIES: You will never be so tired in your entire life. And you never really figure out why.

Life is good. I am happy. The Gospel is true. Being a missionary is incredible. I love Jesus Christ and his example. Thanks to all of you that have influenced me in one way or another. I love, admire, and appreciate you dearly. May Father in heaven watch over you.


EC

No comments:

Post a Comment