Thursday, August 29, 2013

August 19, 2013, Passaic

This week was great but no tengo ganas de escribir para nada hoy. (I
don't feel like writing at all today).

CHRIS - I read The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock yesterday. I
actually read it out loud to my companion and he laughed the whole
time (I was reading like Anthony Hopkins).

Anyway, like I was saying, this past week was really good. We ate like
pigs though. Passaic is an area where EVERY missionary that passes
through gains weight. But it's alright because we wrestle and work out
a bunch. EVERYONE: You wouldn't believe it, but I actually think I'm
getting stronger, due to the fact that we wake up at 5:45 and run and
lift. I feel pretty good, but then our 3 nightly dinners kind of throw
it off.

Not a whole lot to talk about . . . 

We taught Miguel (Dominican baseball player) again this week. It was a
good lesson. Hno. Matos, from the High Council came with us and
seriously explained the spirit better than I've heard anyone else do
it before. Member missionary work is the raddest, most heart-warming
thing in the universe. We also got contacted by 3 drunk guys, 2
Mexicans and a Guatemalan (first one I've met in Passaic). We would
ask them a question like "Can we come visit you guys tomorrow?" and to
every question they would blurt out the ridiculous, spanglish answer,
while swaying back and forth "CLARO QUE YES!" which is like "Of
course!" IT was hilarious. We then set up an appointment to talk with
them at the church but I suppose they were so drunkt hey didn't
remember because they didn't show. Anyway, hilarious.

On Friday we committed a super inactive 23-year-old girl to come to
church. She didn't show up. A little frustrating, but HEY. That was
the first time we actually got a lesson with her and the lesson went
well. She'll come eventually.

There's a lot more to talk about but no TIMEE>>>>> I love you all. I
know the church is true, the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and
that God is our very Father.

EC


ps - You're all amazing. Go to WORK.

No comments:

Post a Comment