Thursday, October 3, 2013

September 30, 2013, Passaic

I'm sick of trying to create clever names for my "subject". Bleh. I'm just going to jump right into my letter.

RICHARD GOT BAPTIZED YESTERDAY by Elder Dahl. I don't even remember if I've told you about him. Oh wait, yes I have. Anyway, he's 21, Dominican, dating Jenni Bello (19), an active member, prepping for her mission. Last week at District Conference, he cried like 4 times and KNEW he needed to be baptized. So he did and it was great. We techincally only taught him 2-3 times and the Paterson elders 2-3 times more, but he was taught everything again in about 1 week and a half. He told the Paterson elders during an appointment as they taught ALL the commandments. "Of course I'm going to live all the commandments. I'm just getting baptized no matter what happens." Super awesome. And when I walked into church yesterday, there was this amazing, electrifying feeling in the chapel. I saw Richard in a white shirt and tie sitting with his ENTIRE family. You could tell they were happy to be there. All 3 of this sisters cried at the baptism. OH and Andrea bore her testimony at the baptism, which made it 10x better and more spiritual.

Other than that, we had a really busy week: Another amazing mission leader council with a new focus on FAITH, LOTS of teaching appointments, creating baptismal program and asking a bunch of people to participate in it, giving the final combined priesthood/relief society class (and basically just doing a little sketch/fake role play that made everyone laugh), teaching Jason (investigator.. more info on him later), exchange with Elder Harris, the new assistant. He's awesome. He's from Delta, UT, and we listen to the same music. FINN - he listens to old school rap and then Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Simon & Garfunkel, etc. We get along really well and he's an amazing teacher.

The gospel is true. Being a missinary is the greatest opportunity I've ever had to grow and learn and CHANGE lives.


EC 

Last day in Plainfield


Passaic day of service—we just cut down bushes and cleaned up trash


No comments:

Post a Comment